|Peanut Butter Pretzel|
October 9, 2012
Table 926 in North Pacific Beach has announced the newest addition to the restaurant’s lineup of impressive culinary talent: Pastry Chef Sherman Chan. In her new role at Table 926, Chan will lead the pastry department, and has already assisted with the development of the restaurant’s revamped and eclectic dessert menu.
Chan has previously held chef positions at a number of restaurants recognized by the Michelin Guide, including L’atelier de Joel Robuchon (2 stars) and Caprice (3 stars) in Hong Kong, and the Restaurant at Meadowood (3 stars) in St. Helena, Calif. Most recently, she has lent her talents to Parker Meridien Palm Springs and served as sous chef and chef consultant at JIAO in Palm Springs, Calif. Hailing from Hong Kong, Chan graduated from the University of Hong Kong with an associate’s degree in Food and Nutritional Sciences and has also attended the University of Toronto where she studied pharmaceutical chemistry.
“We’re so excited to welcome Sherman to the team. She brings a new level of innovation to our menu, and we already have people coming back asking for her desserts,” says Matt Richman, chef and owner of Table 926. “Sherman is a noticeably accomplished chef and we look forward to what she’ll do here at Table 926 with her talent and creativity.”
· Peanut Butter Pretzel - Soft pretzel, molten chocolate & pregnant butter, peanut butter mousse, honeycomb, Jack Daniels honey ice cream
· Caramelized Banana Split – Raspberry, vanilla and nutella ice cream, caramelized banana, assorted toppings in a “build your own” presentation
· Kokomo Float – Lime crème anglaise, passion fruit fluff, tropical minestrone, toasted rice krispies, coconut sorbet
· Real Housewife Breakfast – White wine poached fruit, scrambled egg cream, granola and milk crumble, date sorbet
|Viva Mexico! Sundae|
· Artisan Cheese Board – Fig jam, dried fruit, honeycomb
A 2012 San Diego Home & Garden Magazine Silver Fork winner, Table 926 has fast become a popular dining destination for foodies. The upscale, yet casual, seasonal cuisine reflects the gastronomic experiences of Chef and Owner Matt Richman blending California ingredients with Mediterranean and Latino flavors. We at SanDiegoVille recently featured Table 926 for a Restaurant Profile, and we thoroughly enjoyed everything about the restaurant and can personally vouch for the amazing desserts.
The intimate bistro is located at 926 Turquoise Street in the coastal community of north Pacific Beach near La Jolla, Calif. Information on Table 926’s daily specials, events and more can be found by visiting www.table926.com. Or socialize with Table 926 on Twitter @table926 and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/table926.