Davanti Enoteca in Little Italy will offer a six course winemaker dinner with award-winning ZD Wines on Wednesday, August 28. A meet and greet will take place at 6:30 p.m. and will be followed by the dinner between 7 and 10 p.m. This evening will provide guests the rare opportunity to experience varietals from Napa Valley’s ZD Wines paired with rustic Davanti Enoteca courses thoughtfully crafted for the occasion.
ZD Wines has garnered hundreds of awards of excellence, including Winery of the Year by Wine & Spirits Buying Guide. Its bottles have impressively graced the tables of White House dinner parties through three administrations. During this evening, guests will enjoy the company and expertise of Brandon and Jill deLeuze, the grandson and granddaughter of ZD Wines founder Norman deLeuze. Both are actively involved in ZD wines in the positions of winemaking and sales.
· Grilled Razor Clams with fresh salsa verde + toasted pine nuts + drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, paired with ZD Chardonnay
· Cauliflower Gratin + crisp panko breadcrumb topping, paired with ZD Reserve Chardonnay
· Rabbit Ragu + homemade pasta, paired with ZD Carneros Pinot Noir
· Fillet Tartare + quail egg + vibrant green kohlrabi, paired with ZD Founder's Reserve Pinot Noir
· Wild Boar Osso Bucco + earthy fregola sardo, paired with ZD Cabernet
· Chocolate Tart + extra virgin olive oil + sea salt, paired with Dashe Cellars Late Harvest Zinfindel
Davanti Enoteca’s ZD Wines Winemaker Dinner is priced at $105 per person. Guests can reserve their space by calling Davanti Enoteca directly at (619) 237-9606.
Davanti Enoteca is open daily for lunch, dinner and happy hour and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Davanti Enoteca Little Italy is located at 1655 India Street. Connect with Davanti Enoteca on Facebook and Twitter.