This Saturday, August 17, head to the Del Mar Racetrack for its first-ever BBQ grilling festival - the Del Mar Grill Fest. Taking place3 at the Seaside Concert area throughout the day, this event will feature offerings from over 25 seasoned BBQ pros and local restaurants. Watch the races, fill your bellies, and when the ponies are finished running, stay for the complimentary Weezer concert.
At Del Mar Grill Fest, grillers will serve up meats, seafoods, veggies & desserts. Get your fingers on the delectable grub by purchasing 2-3 oz. sample-size portions - 5 for $10. Grillers include Slaters 50/50, Jake’s Del Mar, Oceanaire Seafood Room and Catalina Offshore Products. The menu includes everything from spiced rubbed BBQ ribs, salmon sliders, and oyster rockefeller to grilled cheese sandwiches, sweet potato pie and grilled banana boats. Fans may judge and select their favorite grillers in the People’s Choice categories. Some of the participating grillers and their offerings includes:
• Croom’s Catering BBQ - rib tips, hot links and peach cobbler
• The Fish Market - Chipotle Rubbed Skewered Shrimp
• Slaters 50/50 - Slaters Signature Burger
• Dick’s Last Resort - BBQ Pork Ribs
• Jake’s Del Mar - Spice Rubbed BBQ Ribs with BBQ sauce or wild mushroom spring roll with a
spicy mango dipping sauce
• Cowboy West Productions - grilling pulled pork, pork spare ribs, brisket, hot links, tri-tip,
• Duck Dive - Grilled Skirt Steak with adobo seasoning, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, or an
individual smores for dessert
• West Coast Hooters - Daytona Boneless Wings
• Hard Rock Cafe - Grilled Shrimp Poached Pear Salad
• Oceanaire Seafood Room - Oyster Rockefeller
• Sally and Henry’s Doghouse Bar & Grill - Blue Cheese Sliders
• Joe’s Texas Brisket - grilling brisket, pulled pork, and hot links
• Sandbar - Grilled Fish Taco’s
• The Flavor Chef - slider will be served with organic grilled yukon gold potato salad
• barleymash - Chimichurri marinated skirt steak torta with salsa fresca, spicy guacamole on
jalapeño cheddar Texas toast
• Uptown Tavern - Pork Belly with California cherry gastriqe sauce and pickled vegetables.
• Cali Comfort BBQ - Slow Smoked Tri-Tip Sliders
• Kristie’s Foundation - Grilled Banana’s & Grilled Fruit
• Kritter Kookers Competition BBQ Team- Smoked Tri-Tip
Admission to the event is free with racetrack admission of $6 (as is the Weezer concert which starts after the last race), although samples are not included. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit Kristie’s Place which provides care for critically ill children.
For tickets and more information on the Del Mar Racetrack and Del Mar Grill Fest, visit www.dmtc.com.