This Sunday, May 4 from 12-3pm, the Chef Celebration series holds its grand finale celebration - the 4th Annual Chef Celebration Artisan Food and Craft Beer Festival at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens – Liberty Station. Sample 12 small-bite courses prepared by local chefs and paired with 12 amazing craft beers carefully selected by Stone Craft Beer Ambassador “Dr.” Bill Sysak with proceeds from ticket sales donated to a special scholarship fund enabling local students to attend courses at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley, Calif.
Tickets to the Chef Celebration Artisan Food and Craft Beer Festival are $55 and can be purchased online or at the Stone Company Store – Liberty Station. Participants will enjoy small-bite dishes created by local chefs from outstanding eateries, all paired with amazing craft beers. All pairings are by “Certified Cicerone” and Stone Brewing Co. Craft Beer Ambassador Dr. Bill Sysak. Vendor chefs for this festival include Tom Connolly (Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station), Dawn Parks (The Wild Thyme Company), Karl Prohaska (Handlery Hotel), Hanis Cavin (Carnitas' Snack Shack), Amanda Baumgarten (Waypoint Public), Ryan Studebaker (Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room), Greg Frey, Jr. (BlueFire Grill), Karen Blair (Monkey Paw/Small Bar/Hamilton’s Tavern), Jason Gethin (Table No. 10), Lance Repp (Tom Ham's Lighthouse) Justin Cullimore (The Crossings at Carlsbad), Paul Schwab (Sycuan Casino & Resort), Dawn Parks (The Wild Thyme Company) and Sadie Rose Baking Co.
Chef Celebration San Diego is a collaborative effort by more than 50 award-winning San Diego County chefs who donate their talent, time and energy to raise money for a nonprofit culinary scholarship program, to enhance the knowledge and potential of promising young chefs and lay a foundation of excellence for San Diego’s culinary future. Chef Celebration is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization under the Internal Revenue Code.
Proceeds from this event help fund a scholarship enabling local students to attend courses at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley. Over the past twelve years, Chef Celebration has distributed in excess of $60,000 in scholarships.
The full menu includes the following:
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station: Chef Tom Connolly - Bacon Gremolata crusted fried poached egg, frisee and asparagus salad paired with Stone Liberty Station Witty Moron
- The Wild Thyme Company: Chef Dawn Parks - Roasted leg of lamb, stuffed with Spanish chorizo, currants & swiss chard, basted with Aged Sherry Vinegar & EVOO /grilled spring onions, charred onion petals, romesco / Patatas Bravas in spicy tomato sauce paired with Stone Smoke Porter with Chipotle Pepper
- Sycuan Casino & Resort / Sadie Rose Bakery - Cider Short Rib, apple risotto, barley relish paired with Stone Liberty Station Mimic
- Waypoint Public: Chef Amanda Baumgarten - Baby Crab Cake Benedict on a pretzel bun with a smoked tomato hollandiase paired with Matt’s Burning Rosids
- Handlery Hotel: Chef Karl Prohaska - Smoked halibut, losch braised onions, egg yolk, confetti microgreens, and sweet potato vinaigrette paired with Stone Saison
- The Crossings Carlsbad: Chef Justin Cullimore - hops-cured pork belly-pickled Fresno Chili, quinoa salad, smoked paprika vinaigrette paired with Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA
- Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room: Chef Ryan Studebaker - Hiramasa crudo: Blood orange, tarragon, avocado, hazelnut, and smoked salt - paired with Cali Belgique aged in Red Wine Barrels
- BlueFire Grill: Chef Greg Frey Jr. - Ricotta and Fava bean angolotti – fava tedrils, green garlic, genovese basil, tuscan pork ragu - paired with Hess Habitus Rye IPA
- Monkey Paw: Chef Karen Blair - Swordfish Birria street taco paired with Stone Enjoy By 5.16.14
- Carnitas Snack Shack: Chef Hanis - BBQ baby back ribs/ Ivan’s BBQ sauce/ bacon potato salad paired with Smog City Brewing Saber Toothed Squirrel
- Table #10: Chef Jason Gethin - roasted wild mushrooms, anson mills grits, grilled ramp vinaigrette, parmesan foam paired with Rip Current Rip Ryeder Red Session IPA
- Tom Ham’s Lighthouse: Chef Lance Repp - swordfish bacon slider with whole grain aioli, pickled onion, and cilantro on sweet rolls paired with Societe The Widow
- Chef Celebration Foundation: Scholarship Recipient Collaboration - Chimayo Chile braised pork cheeks, white cheddar cheese curd cornbread, bacon masa “tots”