Waypoint Public is teaming up with a unique So Cal brewery to watch, The Bruery, for another installment of the venue's successful Brewmaster Dinner Series. The collaboration pairing is taking place on Wednesday, July 23 at 6:30pm in Waypoint Public's private 'bear den' dining room. Housed inside of Waypoint’s newly constructed private event space, dubbed “the bear den”, this event is part of the recurring Brewmaster Dinner Series, which will feature an incredible nine-course lineup by Executive Chef Amanda Baumgarten, paired perfectly to a variety of sours, stouts and barrel aged beauties.
Law school grad turned successful 'bruemaster', Patrick Rue, Founder & CEO of The Bruery, will be joining Executive Chef Amanda Baumgarten for a unique menu that highlights The Bruery's brews. The family owned brewery boasts one of the largest barrel aged beer programs in the country and is getting international recognition for their wide range of innovative and hard-to-find varietals as well as complex flavors derived from simple ingredients. Their motto? Nothing is off-limits. The Bruery has been featured in GQ, The New York Times, Draft Magazine, Bon Apétit and more.
The Bruery Brewmaster Dinner at Waypoint Public will include the following 9 course menu and pairings:
1. Sea Bass Crudo - White Peach & Chamomile - Paired with Hottenroth (A tart, German-style Berliner Weisse)
2. Grilled Spanish Octopus - Avocado, Grapefruit, Breakfast Radish, and Pickled Pepper Vinaigrette - Paired with Sans Pagaie (A take on the Belgain-style kriek)
3. Blue Lake Bean & Blue Cheese Salad - Slivered Almonds, Caramelized Honey Vinaigrette - Paired with Soroboruo (Backwards take on a Scotch ale)
4. FG Torchon - Mirabelle Chutney, Lemon Thyme & Orange Shortbread - Paired with Sour in the Rye w/ Kumquats (40% rye malt, barrel aged sour ale…with fresh kumquats!)
5. Tagliatelle - Chanterelle Mushroom & Heirloom Cherry Tomato - Paired with Smoking Wood-Rye Barrel Aged (Brewed with a hefty amount of smoked malt, shows what wood has to offer)
6. Pigeon - Stinging Nettle Risotto, Cherry, and Chocolate Mint - Paired with Mélange #3 2011 (blend of three bourbon barrel aged strong ales)
7. Duo of Lamb- Roasted Saddle and Confit Belly - Caramelized Santa Rosa Plums, Creamed Kale, and Lamb Jus - Paired with Winefication (The 'winefication' of beer is a hot new movement in the beer world. The beer/wine hybrid features Black Tuesday Imperial Stout fermented along with late harvest Syrah grapes from Los Olivios, then aged in French Oak)
8. Bacon Studded Baked Camembert (Shared) - Peach Mostarda & Hazelnut toast - Paired with Grey Monday (Special limited-edition version of Black Tuesday imperial stout, added with hazelnuts)
9. Apricot Tarte Tatin - Paired with Filmishmish (Means 'when the apricots bloom' in arabic, a barrel aged sour blond ale with apricots)
Finalized by a Sucré-Rum Barrel Aged “Night Cap” (Means 'sugar' in French. Sixth anniversary ale, loosely brewed in the English-style Old Ale tradition)
This unique and complex 9-course beer dinner is priced at $150 per person. Seating is limited to 25 attendees. To make your reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Early RSVPs are highly suggested, as this event will sell out quickly!
Waypoint Public is located at 3794 30th Street in North Park. For more information, visit WaypointPublic.com, and be sure to mark your calendars for upcoming Brewmaster Dinners including AleSmith Brewing Company on Wednesday, August 20 and Ballast Point Brewing Company on Wednesday, September 17.