February 7, 2015
Guests will have an opportunity to meet Golden Road Brewing’s Master Brewer and enjoy custom pairings from Executive Chef Nick Schultz. Cocktail “Beer” Hour begins at 5pm and the full pairings will go from 6-8pm. The event costs $45 per person and reservations can be made in advance by calling (760) 722-1008.
Highlights of the menu include:
- Get up Offa that Brown (5.5% ABV nutty, toasted caramel, hint of smokey chocolate) paired with brown ale braised carnitas empanada with jalapeño, cotija and chipotle crema
- Hefe Weizen (4.6% ABV honey, malty, banana flavor, dry finish) paired with radish slaw with chicharrones, jicama and pickled peppers
- IPA “Point the Way” (5.9% ABV almond, piney, light, bright, yet full bodied) paired with green pozole with pork, hominy, tomatillo and pumpkin seed
- Wolf Among the Weeds IPA (8.0% ABV pine, fresh citrus, eye opening flavor) paired with salsa borracha (drunken salsa) and fried chicken on a brioche bun
- Better Weather IPA (9.4% ABV fruit, bitterness up front, big flavor) paired with red snapper ceviche, tomato, cucumber and jalapeño
Helly Betty Fish House is located at 211 Mission Avenue in Oceanside. For more information, visit hellobettyoceanside.com.