San Diego restaurant Kitchen 4140’s Executive Chef Kurt Metzger has been exclusively invited to the esteemed Cap Maison Resort & Spa in St. Lucia for its fifth annual Guest Chef Series the weekend of March 20-21. Chef Kurt will introduce San Diego cuisine to Cap Maison’s signature restaurant Cliff at Cap during a collaboration with Cap Maison’s Executive Chef Craig Jones.
On Friday, March 20, Chef Kurt Metzger will present a San Diego-meets-Caribbean menu of his own creation, while on Saturday, March 21 Chef Kurt and Chef Craig will collaborate for similarly themed, wine-paired dinner event. Chef Kurt’s Friday night menu is as follows:
- Seared Foie Gras | Smoked Apple | Horseradish Toast
- Seared Day Boat Scallop | Candied Bacon | Cauliflower Puree | Coconut Ginger Sauce
- Smoked Tuna Tiradito | smoked roasted ahi tuna | compressed tomato | cured jalapeño | Habanero Mango sauce | avocado | Blossoms
- Butter poached Chilean sea bass | pearl onions | braised spinach | balsamic vinaigrette | caviar
- Bulgogi braised short ribs | garlic smashed potatoes | smoked carrot puree | red wine vanilla reduction
- Branzino | bread encrusted loup de mer | coconut broth | cilantro rice | tiny vegetables
- Triple chocolate espresso brownie | toasted walnuts | candied bacon | maple syrup
- Chocolate truffle | sherry infused truffle | drunken goat cheese | brûlée lemon
- Coconut mango creme brûlée
More information on Kitchen 4140’s collaboration at Cap Maison’s 5th annual Guest Chef Series may be viewed at capmaison.com/food-wine/guest-chef-series-2015-kurt-metzger-kitchen-4140-san-diego.