June 22, 2015
The five San Diego area Chefs and one SFO chef participating in this epic culinary event include:
- James Montejano – La Valencia Hotel – Worked twice with Mina at Aqua and Michael Mina restaurants in the Bay Area.
- Carl Schroeder – Market Restaurant & Bar – was an extern for Mina
- Wade Hageman – Blue Ribbon Artesan Pizzeria – worked with Mina at Aqua Restaurant in the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.
- Tina Luu – The Chocolate Studio – was at Aqua with Mina before the restaurant became Michael Mina
- Jeffrey Strauss – Pamplemousse Grill – hired Chef James from Michael Mina’s Aqua
- Jason Halverson – Stones Throw, SFO – worked with Mina and Montejano during the years Aqua was reopened as Michael Mina.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online for $350 per person and a percentage of proceeds go toward the Ronald McDonald House Charities. The exclusive event is limited to 70 guests, invited to dine intimately with these culinary superstars. Each ticket will also be part of a raffle for a chance to win an overnight stay in one of the Hotels newest suites, the Sky Suite, part of the Icon Collection and a dining credit for a future visit.
|La Valencia Executive Chef James Monejano|
“I’m looking forward to being in the kitchen with Mike again” says La V Chef James Montejano. “It’s hard to believe that over 20 years have gone by since I first worked with Mike after graduating from culinary school and then 5 years ago had the privilege of being part of the reopening team of his famous restaurant in San Francisco. But I know I speak for all of the chefs that are coming together for this event when I say we learned so much from Mike about always striving for the best and always evolving to meet the demands of a food savvy clientele. Bringing this kind of 'Mina All-Star' team together for such a worthy cause will make it a night to remember.”