The San Diego Symphony is bringing its popular, outdoor Summer Pops series back to San Diego's waterfront for a concert experience like you have never had before! Blending today’s hottest pop with the accomplished San Diego orchestra, this 10-week concert line-up kicks off on June 27 and runs until Labor Day, featuring an array of themed performances, as well as special appearances by Ben Folds, LeAnn Rimes, Burt Bacharach and more!
Every summer the San Diego Symphony constructs a stage at the Embarcadero Marina Park South right next to the San Diego Bay, tucked behind the San Diego Convention Center, and invite some of today’s top preforming artists and combine their sounds for an unforgettable concert.
Concertgoers can choose between cabaret tables, grandstand seating (fold-down chairs) and lawn seating. With tickets starting at $20, everyone can enjoy the unique outdoor ambiance and vibrant music selection. The season kicks off on June 27 and runs until Labor Day, September 6. Ashford University Summer Pops concerts begin, unless otherwise noted, at 7:30pm, with gates opening at 6pm.
The full schedule of Summer Pops concerts includes the following:
- Tux ‘N Tennies - A Tribute to the Beach Boys Featuring Papa Doo Run Run (San Diego Symphony Orchestra will not appear in this program.) - Saturday, June 27 at 8pm
- Star Spangled Pops - The Pops goes Patriotic - Friday-Sunday, July 3, 4 & 5
- Pokémon (Comic-Con Weekend) - Symphonic Evolutions - Thursday, July 9
- Star Trek: Into the Darkness (Comic-Con Weekend) - Movie Screening with Score by the San Diego Symphony Orchestra - Saturday, July 11
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Swing, Jazz & Dixieland - Friday-Saturday, July 17 & 18
- Warner Bros. Presents Bugs Bunny at the Symphony II - Celebrate the favorite classic Looney Tunes - Sunday, July 26 at 8pm
- Acura/Els Presents Ben Folds - Classy, Cutting Edge Night - Thursday, July 30
- Hooray for Hollywood - An Evening Devoted to the Magic of Film - Friday-Saturday, July 31 & August 1 at 8pm
- Pops Goes Classical – Passport to the World - A Night in Spain - Sunday, August 2
- Rodgers & Hammerstein Celebration - Featuring the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Sound of Music - Friday-Saturday, August 7 & 8
- Disney in Concert Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest - Movie Screening with Score by the San Diego Symphony Orchestra - Sunday, August 9
- Sinatra at 100 - A Salute to the Chairman of the Board - Friday-Saturday, August 14 & 15
- Burt Bacharach - Timeless Music | Unforgettable Lyrics - Sunday, August 16
- Esperanza Spalding Presents: Emily’s D+Evolution - 2011 Grammy Best New Artist Winner - Thursday, August 20
- LeAnn Rimes (stay tuned for ticket raffle!) - Grammy & Academy of Country Music Awards Winner - Friday-Saturday, August 21 & 22
- An Unforgettable Evening with Natalie Cole - Multiple Grammy Award Winner - Sunday, August 23
- Tribute to Journey - A Tribute to the Anthem of a Generation - Thursday, August 27
- A Night of Classic Rock - Are You Ready to Rock? - Friday-Saturday, August 28 & 29
- 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular - The Grand Finale - Friday-Sunday, September 4, 5 & 6