July 21, 2015
To celebrate National Oyster Day on Wednesday, August 5, Executive Chef Jason McLeod welcomes five of the area's most notable female chefs to join him and take a turn behind the raw bar for an epic Shuck-A-Thon. For those who like it raw, Ironside Fish & Oyster will be serving up their signature Ironside Select for just a buck apiece from 4 to 10pm. Though more convincing is probably not necessary, let us remind you that it's all for charity, for shuck's sake. These noted chefs are putting their busy schedules on ice for one evening only in order to raise money for their respective charities of choice. During each chef's hour, 100% of the proceeds from oyster sales will go to their chosen organization. There is no cost to attend this event and walk-ins are welcome.
The roster for the 2nd annual Charity Shuck-A-Thon is as follows:
- Priscilla Curiel of Talavera Azul (4-5pm) to benefit Fundación Luz
- Rachel King of Nine-Ten Restaurant and Bar (5-6pm) to benefit Project Wildlife
- Katherine Humphus of Kat’s Kitchen Collective (6-7pm) to benefit Children International
- Carmine Lopez of Great Maple (7-8pm) to benefit Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Marci Flores of The Cheese Store (8-9pm) to benefit Waves for Water
- Donna Antaloczy of Ironside Fish & Oyster (9-10pm) to Benefit Rady Children’s Hospital
Ironside Fish & Oyster is located at 1654 India Street in Little Italy. For more information, visit ironsidefishandoyster.com.