October 13, 2015
Being Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a brand new Chef on board - Chef Rose Peyron, formerly of Counterpoint - this month’s Chicks for Beer event on Oct. 20 is set to be the most delicious and most inspirational yet, as it includes 5 courses paired with Russian River Brewing craft beer, cohosted by the brewery's co-owner and president Natalie Cilurzo.
"Every month, I cannot wait for our Chicks for Beer events," explained Ingrid Alvarez Cherney. "They are the culmination of everything I hold close to my heart - bringing women together to learn about the world of craft beer. Empowerment. Fun. Now we have Chef Rose on board & the pairing of her delicious food with Russian River is going to be amazing. This October happens to mark my 3rd year being cancer free. Time to celebrate!"
There is nothing better than a woman who likes good beer and Ingrid Alvarez Cherney loves beer. Once she learned about it, her eyes were opened and she was hooked. She even married Ballast Point’s founder an head brewmaster, Yuseff Cherney, making this duo a true San Diego craft beer love story. So it is only sensible that Ingrid lead this charitable endeavor to unite San Diego's female beer aficionadas.
On October 20, Russian River President Natalie Cilurzo will present the following beers to be paired with dishes from High Dive Executive Chef Rose Peyron:
- STS Pils - 5.35% ABV - German-style pilsner, just won Gold at GABF!
- Framboise For A Cure - 7% ABV - A sour blonde aged in Chardonnay barrels, with 2 pounds of fresh organic California grown raspberries per gallon of beer! This is a very rare and special beer that always gives to local Breast Cancer organizations.
- Pliny the Elder - 8% ABV - THE famed Double IPA
- Temptation - 7.5% ABV - Sour Blonde Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels
- Blind Pig IPA - 6.5% ABV - Is it better than Pliny? Some say so. Not I, but some.
Tickets to the Chicks for Beer dinner are available to women 21 and over at the cost of $85 per person and can be purchased online at ticketderby.com/event/?id=248831&ref=1.