For the 8th Annual San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, join over 9,000 enthusiasts from around the country, including culinary personalities, cookbook authors and celebrity chefs, and enjoy a gourmet showcase of food, wine and spirits in America's Finest City.
This year, there will be 170 world-class winemakers, 70 of San Diego’s top chefs, and many gourmet food purveyors, during So-Cal’s premier lifestyle celebration of gourmet wine and food. Held Nov. 16-20, 2011, the five-day festival features wine-tasting seminars, cooking classes taught by celebrity chefs, a WineRave at Eden night club, the elegant Reserve & New Release Tasting, and much, much more.
While the Grand Tasting is viewed by many as the main event of the Festival, there’s so much more to the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, including the following:
- Wine Rave on Nov. 16 (A sampling of 25 wines and spirits, held at Eden in Hillcrest);
- Bocuse d’Or Culinary Council Dinner Nov. 17 (A special dinner featuring local chef William Bradley, former local Gavin Kaysen and other top chefs, at Addison;
- Brunch & Beyond with Gale Gand Nov. 18 (Learn omelets and more from host of Food Network’s “Sweet Dreams”);
- Super Chef All Stars Nov. 18 (Cooking class with former "Top Chef" contestants Brian Malarkey, Kenny Gilbert and Eli Kirshtein, at Macy’s School of Cooking);
- Master sommelier blind tasting Nov. 18 (explore wine characteristics with Master Sommelier Joe Spellman, San Diego Wine & Culinary Center);
- Reserve & New Release Tasting Nov. 18 (An evening of reserve wine tasting, with live jazz and silent auction, Air & Space Museum); plus
- Celebrity Chef Luncheon & AIWF Big Bottle Auction Nov. 20 (Five-course meal made by celeb-chefs like Celestino Drago, Bradley Ogden, Gale Gand and Bernard Guillas, Marriot Hotel Marquis & Marina).
The San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival is produced by World of Wine Events, LLC. For more information, please visit the website at worldofwineevents.com, and be sure to check back with SanDiegoVille.com for a recap of the event.