Waypoint Public’s 1 Year Anniversary celebration is geared up to take place October 1-15. Highlighting their commitment and enthusiasm for great food & beer pairings, (recently named one of “The Best New Beer Restaurants” in the U.S. by the nation’s leading beer outlet, Draft Magazine in June of 2014) Waypoint Public’s Brian Jensen (owner of Bottlecraft beer shops in Little Italy & North Park) is curating a lineup of over 15 of the rarest beers he can get his hands on. Waypoint Public will be releasing one beer each day at 4pm, beginning October 1, with a grand finale of three to five very exclusive beers (we’re talking about the super nerdy kind of brews that beer lovers go nuts over) to be tapped on the date of Waypoint’s official anniversary, October 15.
Alongside her beverage directing counterpart, Waypoint Public’s Executive Chef Amanda Baumgarten (an avid home brewer with a deep rooted appreciation for the art of the craft), will be creating a complimentary daily pairing (free!)— a small plate to perfectly complement and bring out the flavors of the beer being tapped that day.
5 examples of pairings that may be seen throughout the 15 day initiative:
- The Bruery BeRazzled - Grilled Octopus, Ancho Chili and Beet purée, shaved radish
- Deschutes The Abyss - braised bacon, fennel soubise, pomegranate
- The Lost Abbey Red Poppy Ale - fried oyster, chili, avocado, and Meyer lemon
- Allagash James Bean - coffee rubbed bacon pastrami, port wine braised cabbage
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Lil’ Opal - Cinnamon roasted baby artichokes & pretzel dumpling