Since it opened, The Del has been a hot spot for celebs staying in San Diego - most notably with the filming of "Some Like It Hot” that debuted in 1959. Flash forward to 2015 and The Del is celebrating it’s Hollywood connection with a bevy of Oscar-inspired cocktails on February 22 served at Babcock & Story bar.
Named for the hotel’s visionary founders in 1888 (Elisha Babcock and H.L- Story), The Del's lively lounge serves up craft beer, classic cocktails and casual bites. Come Oscar night, the bar will be broadcasting the awards ceremony live on it’s seven televisions and offering six themed-cocktails in honor of Oscar worthy performances of the present and past, including:
- American Sniper Sour - $15 -Bulliett Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Egg Whites, Bitters
- Theory of Everything & Berries - $15 - Cava, St. Germain, Lemonade, Soda, Fresh Berries
- Birdman-Hattan - $15 - Gentleman Jack, Carpano Antigua, Blood Orange Bitters
- Grand Budapest Hotel Cosmo - $15 -Tito Vodka, Cointreau, Chambord, Grapefruit Juice, Pineapple Juice
- The Marilyn Monroe - $15 - Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay, Elderflower Liqueur, Cranberry Juice
- The Tony Curtis - $15 - Maker’s Mark, Bols Triple Sec, Lemon Juice