May 31, 2014
Grab a phaser, dust off your Gunstar, fire up the Batmobile and join Stone Brewing Co. in San Diego for Hop-Con 2.0: The w00tstout Launch Festival on July 23 at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station.
In 2013, Stone CEO and Co-founder Greg Koch invited actor and overall geek idol Wil Wheaton and Fark.com creator Drew Curtis to co-brew a massive yet seductive imperial stout dubbed Drew Curtis/Wil Wheaton/Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout. With Koch on sabbatical, Curtis called on longtime friend and multitalented actress, comedian, homebrewer and gamer geek Aisha Tyler to join the group of unconventional brewers for this year’s special edition brew. In addition to a new brewer, the collaborators added a new ingredient—stone-ground chocolate—to the beer, augmenting the wheat, rye, pecans, and rich bourbon flavors derived from barrels shipped in from Kentucky. Together, the eclectic trio brewed Stone w00tstout 2.0, which will be available in 22-ounce bottles and on draft at select Southern California retailers, restaurants and bars beginning the week of July 14.
|Wil Wheaton at last year's event|
Admission to the celebratory fest is $62.06 (including service fee) and may be purchased at brownpapertickets.com/event/680025. Tickets include 10 four-ounce beer samples, a commemorative Hop-Con 2.0 glass, delicious edibles, and a lineup of Stone year-round and specialty brews that will satisfy any beer geek’s (or just plain geek’s) palate.
Special beers to be offered include:
- Stone w00tstout 2.0
- Stone w00tstout 2.0 on cask (available only at Hop-Con 2.0)
- Drew Curtis/Wil Wheaton/Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout (2013 vintage)
- Stone Cali-Belgique IPA aged in White Wine Barrels
- Evil Twin/Stillwater/Stone "The Perfect Crime" Black Smoked Saison aged in Red Wine Barrels
- 2012 Dogfish Head/Victory/Stone Saison du BUFF
- Ken Schmidt/Iron Fist/Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout
- 2010 Double Bastard Ale aged in Bourbon Barrels
For more information about Hop-Con 2.0 or to purchase tickets to the event, visit stonebrewing.com/hop-con/.