June 19, 2014
Food, fashion and fun are rolling into The Headquarters every Friday this summer with the “Urban Mobile Market” bringing some of the area’s top food, fashion and entertainment to this popular seaside destination. The Urban Mobile Market will be located on North Harbor Drive in front of The Headquarters and will be open from 11am to 2pm and 4-7pm so foodies and fashionistas can discover the latest from top trending chefs and designers along with live music during lunchtime or to kick off the weekend.
The first Urban Mobile Market on Friday, June 20 will include:
- Devilicious – Gourmet sandwiches billed as “Food So Good … It’s Bad” such as lobster grilled cheese and Cubano on freshly baked artisan sourdough.
- Currywurst – Brings Germany’s famous street food to California with gourmet sausages and the specialty grilled bratwurst sausages, a secret recipe curry ketchup from Germany and an crusty German roll (Brötchen).
- Organic – Tempting and original menu of organic, vegan and raw foods providing a balance of proteins, healthy fats and fiber-rich carbohydrates.
- Stop, Shop & Roll –Mobile fashion boutique with accessories and necessities for men and women -- all under $100.
- Pink Glambulance – The pink mobile beauty truck offers an array of cosmetics, apparel, handbags and accessories. A portion of purchases go towards “Makeover Mondays” when the team of Glam-Medics provide free in-home services to chronically ill women and men
- ZB Savoy Bowtie Company – Handcrafted men’s accessories, a top collection of ties and bowties for the stylish modern man. Founded by San Diego musician ZB Savoy.
In addition to food and fashion, guests can enjoy Americana rock tinged with bluegrass by Mulierose, featuring Josh Ferreira and Elton Clifton.
The Headquarters is the restoration and reinvention of the historic 1930s-era Police Headquarters property into a premier 100,000-square-foot open-air restaurant and retail destination featuring an eclectic mix of 25 shops and restaurants on the waterfront in the Seaport District of San Diego. The Headquarters is the gateway to a 20-acre waterfront development incorporating the historic Seaport Village.
The Headquarters is located at 789 Harbor Drive and the trucks will be parked in front on North Harbor Drive. For more information, visit facebook.com/UrbanMobileMarket.