June 12, 2015
“We are excited about the opportunity to raise the standard in Pacific Rim cuisine and bring our own interpretation of Filipino Fusion. Our dynamic approach is allowing us to blaze a new trail in fresh seafood cuisine,” said Norris. A Chicago native transplanted to Southern California since 1999, Norris acquired his experience during his 8 years with Roy’s, 3 years as the GM of The Catch in Anaheim (a precursor to Taps Brewery) and as the Director of Corporate Development for Titan Brands (a Las Vegas restaurant management company).
|Chef Charles Andres and his Tocino Toast|
For both Norris & Andres, local and fresh ingredients are a key to the success of their concept. “The uniqueness of the brand is fueled by a dedication to both fresh local ingredients and our community. Having strong relationships with the community allows us to relate to our guests and provide the best service, but we are equally committed to resident farmers, fisherman and brewers,” said Chef Charles.
|Ocean Pacific Grille Bar|
Signature dishes on the menu at Ocean Pacific Grille include Filipino Tocino Toast, Crispy Skin Sea bass, Sesame Crusted Ahi and Kilawin (traditional Filipino dish of raw seafood and meat preparations), with many options for every diet type.
Ocean Pacific Grille will have nightly specials, including:
- Tues: Tiki Taco Tuesdays - $2 Tacos, $5 Mai Tais (3-10pm in Bar Only)
- Wed: Waina Wednesdays - 50% of wine bottles/glasses (3-10pm in Bar & Restaurant)
- Thur: Locals Night - 25% off food & local drafts (w/valid SD ID; (3-10pm in Bar & Restaurant)
- Sun: Industry Night - 25% off food (w/recent industry paystub (3-10p in Bar & Restaurant)
- Happy Hour - $6 bar apps & 50% off drafts, glasses of wine (daily from 3-6pm in Bar only)
- Reverse Happy Hour - Starting back up after 10pm on Fri & Sat in the bar only